Friday, April 27, 2012

I have really long soft wavy hair; I want dreads. Yay, nay?

Should I get dreadlocks? I have really long hair, and I don't want to get a 'dread-perm' where they would completely frizz/curl my hair so it would be easier to lock into dreads. I need help.



Advice.



Any easier way of making them? Without so much money? Simple way?



I have really long soft wavy hair; I want dreads. Yay, nay?

I think it's awesome that you are considering dread locks. My mother (who is black) has long dread locks that she adores. They are very clean (she washes them every other day) and they are extremely neat and pretty. But, honestly, if you are white, they really don't work. Seriously. I myself am half black and half white, and I have naturally curly hair, but not as curly as my mom's hair. She did my hair in dreads and they looked awful! Nothing like her hair! They were too thick and they were ugly. Now I keep my hair naturally curly and loose or I flat iron. Just to think...I'm half black and it didn't work for me! So, your hair is probably certainly straighter than mine, and dreads will almost 100 percent not work for you. You are naturally just not the right type for dreads...it really should be left for people who have the right kind of hair, which are almost always black people. Just to be honest, I really might re-consider it. Try flat ironing or keeping your hair the way it is in a bun. I really hope this helps!! This is from me very own experience!!!



It all has to do with hair types. It goes from smooth, straight and soft to curly and soft to course and/or extremely curly. My mom's hair is that last catagory and I am the second one. That difference made the dread locks work for her and not for me. Your hair is probably that first hair type, so dreads won't work well. And also, you will probably have to work really hard to keep your hair in dreads, which people with super curly hair don't have to worry about. So you may end up working really hard to no avail. I really suggest keeping your hair the way it is, or flat iron like I do. I really hope you understand where I'm coming from. Good luck!!!!



I have really long soft wavy hair; I want dreads. Yay, nay?

It sounds like you have really pretty hair without the dreads and dreads are really unfashionable and out of style nowadays but it's completely up to you. Don't let other people tell you it's a bad idea if it's what you really want. If you do get it done it's probably best you just go to a professional so that it can look good.



I have really long soft wavy hair; I want dreads. Yay, nay?

God almighty, no. You know, you may change your mind about the look and the only way to undo it would be to shave it all off and start over. I know a girl who went through all that. You know what everyone said about her when she had them? "Wow, she'd be really hot if it weren't for the dreads." Don't do it; I think you'll really regret it.



I have really long soft wavy hair; I want dreads. Yay, nay?

i had dread locks for a while you have to be careful that perm thing might dry our your hair and if your dreads get to dry they can break at the root and fall off. i did mine by getting bees wax and a metal tooth come first a parted my hair into sections so the dreads would be even,keep in mind that the sections of hair will get thicker once they are dreaded. then i put the bees wax and just knotted up each section it took about two days to do all the sections and then you have to keep messing with them and tangling them for months before they are completely formed. any way you do them its going to be a lot of work. good luck and enjoy your dreads i really enjoyed mine while i had them



I have really long soft wavy hair; I want dreads. Yay, nay?

NO!!!! ur hair sounds gorgeous the way it is! i wish my hair was like that!



I have really long soft wavy hair; I want dreads. Yay, nay?

Do you know what crawls in and lives inside dreads when you're not looking????



It was a look once....now it's not. sounds like you have great hair...silly girl.



I have really long soft wavy hair; I want dreads. Yay, nay?

Nay. Soft wavy hair is nice.



I have really long soft wavy hair; I want dreads. Yay, nay?

Dreads are out... soft wavy/ loose curl is so HOT right now! Do you have any idea how much people pay me to make their straight hair look soft and wavy???? Even then, it is very hard to duplicate mother nature! Enjoy what you've got. Use good products to make it look even hotter. A good leave in conditioner with a good texture cream or gel over the top of it....wow!!! makes it look fantastic!



Dreads are a lot of work to get going, and once they're there you can't just take them out!!! BZZZZZZZZZZ is the only way to get them out!



I have really long soft wavy hair; I want dreads. Yay, nay?

not too be rude.but dread locks make people look dirty. the smell is discusting.



I have really long soft wavy hair; I want dreads. Yay, nay?

no gurl dont get dreads... not with mothers day commin up... u mite frighten the moms

No comments:

Post a Comment