Thursday, April 26, 2012

Layers and highlights (for a boy with long hair)?

Hi. I'm a boy, and I started growing my hair out about a year and a half ago. I like long hair, enjoy expressing myself, and don't mind appearing "feminine." I stopped going to the barbershop and began seeing my mom's stylist for trims. I now go to her exclusively. Now my hair is about shoulder length, blonde, and very straight.



My stylist talked to my mom about my hair (they are good friends). She suggested I consider layers and highlights to give my hair more style. I talked with my mom about this, and I'm fine with the upkeep retired. She is paying for everything, and made me an appointment for this Saturday.



I've been to the salon before for facials, so it is not entirely a new experience for me. I've never had these services before, however. If you can enlighten me as to what is involved, it will be appreciated.



Layers and highlights (for a boy with long hair)?

Highlights are usually pulled through a cap. It has small holes in it and the hair is snagged through the hole with a tiny hook.. It should be painless, unless you have a hairdresser that pushes through the cap too hard..The bleach is applied after the hair is all pulled through the holes.. Depending on what type of bleach it can take 10 min to 1/2 an hour.. After it's done you rinse and cut.. I think a shaggy layered cut is best for men.. Like Bon Jovi... Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment