Friday, March 30, 2012

So I'm a guy, thinking about trying to grow my hair long...?

The longest I've ever had my hair has been like an inch and a hlf, and for the past few years, it's been even shorter. I'm thinking of growing it long, just to kind of see how I look with long hair.



First off, I have no idea how to take really good care of my hair. I mean, I shampoo every day or so, but I always just stick with anti-dandruff. Is there something else I should be using or doing with it?



Second; what do I do with my hair between now and then? I mean, do I grow it all at the same time? Do I continue letting them trim the back of my hair, or do I let that grow out as well?



And lastly,are there any particular styles I need to choose from? I mean, right now, I'm kind of under the impression that when your hair is long (for a man, anyways), you don't really style it, it will just naturally look it's own way, but if I'm wrong, please let me know ASAP. I don't want to have hippie-lookin hair! Lol.



Gimme one sec to add details on my hair and all that...



So I'm a guy, thinking about trying to grow my hair long...?

get a mullet. they are never out of style.



So I'm a guy, thinking about trying to grow my hair long...?

you should get your hair like ron weaslys from harry potter. loll. im irish too and i have redd hair. yay we're kool!! loll. i dont know really what you should do my brother has longish hair, and he styles itt but hes kind of weird. so im not completely sure. lol.



oo and dont get a mullet they are hideous. my oldest brother had it as a joke for like a day.



So I'm a guy, thinking about trying to grow my hair long...?

1. Don't just "let it grow." You'll look shaggy, and not in the good way. You should always have it styled. You can explain to the stylist that you're trying to grow it out and she'll help you keep it styled but without taking off too much length. If you don't get it styled and it grows out in one layer, you're hair will be shaped like a triangle - thicker and wider at the bottom and flat on the top of your head. This is not the look you want.



2. While it's relatively short, use a shampoo-conditioner combo. When it gets a little longer, you should use a light conditioner on it. It doesn't have to be one you put on in the shower. You could use a spray-on conditioner. If you're hair is thick or coarse, avoid shampooing every day. It will dry your hair and scalp out. Basically, the longer your hair the more moisture it needs to keep it looking healthy instead of scraggly.



3. Look for photos of hairstyles you like. Show them to your stylist and they can help you get the look.



So I'm a guy, thinking about trying to grow my hair long...?

You should really talk to hair dresser about this. I know it sounds silly but a hairdresser really knows what will look best for you.



However, an important thing to do is use conditioner.



So I'm a guy, thinking about trying to grow my hair long...?

ugh. i just pray you don't let it get past your chin. hair that long on a male is SOO not attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment