Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Up, Down, Hats, Whatever: Long Hair Do's?

Im so bored with the normal everyday all down, all up, and even half up and down! I feel I am not capable of a change or something. I have searched online places for a different look, but having a difficult time finding something that fits me. If it helps I have long curly (is easily straightened though) strawberry blonde hair about .5 to 1 in. shy of the small of my back (before the comment gets made, it isn't nasty looking or dead...I take very care of my hair and go the extra mile because of its length. Plus I'm tall, about 5'8'', so it looks alright...*laughs*...whatever I have to tell myself right?) Anyhow I really dont know what else is needed for a search other than I have kinda an oval face, but its also kinda round too, I dunno! But any style celeb, casual, blah blah will do! Oh, and also I'm not scared of a cute little hat! Thanks!



Up, Down, Hats, Whatever: Long Hair Do's?

One really sleek %26amp; sexy updo that can be used for daily wear is a basic 40's omelette fold done at the nape of your neck. It works on curly, wavy %26amp; straight hair.



The easiest way to do this is to twist your hair into a bun that hangs at about the back of your bra-strap. Then, roll the bun upwards so that the loose hair forms a (more or less) horizontal barrel curl. Keep folding, relatively tightly until it is at the nape of your neck and then put a few pins in it to keep the shape. Your hair should loosely follow the hairline at the nape of your neck. The sides may take a bit more folding, but it's pretty simple to do. Of course, you can alter the style just by making the rolled section a bit flatter and longer into a more folded style.



I'm also a big fan of parting my hair in the middle and doing a french braid down each side of my head in a sort of crown, but leaving the back part of my hair long and loose. Kind of a hippie look, but it gets a lot of compliments.



Up, Down, Hats, Whatever: Long Hair Do's?

i have long hair too, but mine is super straight. i sooo wish i had curly hair. a really cute hair style is just to pull the sides of your hair up into a clip and let everything else just hang, its soo cute!



another think i do is part my hair on the side, take a square chunk about 2"by2" (so it looks like your getting ready to cut bangs) and then pull the rest into a regular pony. make a messy bun and wrap the chunk of hair around my head and put it into the bun. kinda hard to explain, but its really cool.



anyways, im looking for new hair styles too, and i wont cut or die my hair either! im watching this one



Up, Down, Hats, Whatever: Long Hair Do's?

My hair is exactly like yours (except the color...) but I think a braided crown looks cool. What you do is take a good sized chunk from the bottom left or right, braid it, then pin it to be a crown. Since your curly, you might want to straigten this chunk before braiding to avoid escaping whisps

No comments:

Post a Comment